1. Singles. A release must be identified as a Single when:
- It contains from 1 to 3 tracks with the same title. It means, variations of the same song.
- It contains from 1 to 2 tracks with different titles. It means, up to two different songs.
- The release has an approximate duration up to 10 minutes.
For all Single format discs containing a single track, the disc title and track title must be the same. Also, the information about artists roles given at both sides must be the same. Only in these specific cases it is allowed to have more than four primary artists without having to use the Various Artists tags; however, we recommend to try to keep it to the minimum possible.
2. EPs. A release must be identified as an EP when:
- It has 2 tracks and at least one of them lasts longer than 10 minutes.
- It contains from 4 to 6 tracks with the same title. It means, variations of the same song.
- It contains from 3 to 6 tracks with different titles. It means that each song will be different.
- It has a total duration from 10 to 30 minutes – never longer than that.
3. Albums. A release must be identified as an album if it overcomes one of the previous points.